Friday, January 21, 2011

Impromptu Snow Day

{Finn | 1.20.11}
 We had an impromptu snow day yesterday. 

Considering it took me over an hour and a half to drive approximately 20 miles on Wednesday night, I can't say that I was too distraught at not having to get into my car yesterday (yes, I realize that I drive like an old lady, however, in my defense, there is one snowplow to service the entire state of Missouri and he most definitely was not clearing my commute!).  So instead we did some cleaning and some laundry* and some shoveling and some book reading and some toy playing and some snow eating and some chili making and some napping and some crafts.

It was a productive day off...and as much as I love having two incomes and adult conversation on a daily basis, it's days like yesterday that I realize I would be a great stay at home mom.

*Can someone please tell me what the secret is to staying on top of laundry?  I feel like I'm losing the battle here!

No comments:

Post a Comment