Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lights out for safety.

Sleeping babies make my heart melt.  I have more sleeping baby pictures from the past two months than I care to admit to at the present time.  For weeks, getting Finn to sleep at night was such a struggle.  He would fight falling asleep every single night, and when I say fight, I mean he used his loudest, most angry voice, he arched his back, he refused to be comforted.  Poor baby was so tired but he just did not want to succumb to dream land.  Uriah and I tagged teamed holding him, rocking him, walking with him, driving him around...anything to get  him to stop crying and go to sleep.  So when he was finally relaxed and snoring, I wanted to capture the moment for posterity.  And to remind myself that sleeping Finn was a possibility. 

He's gotten much better at going to sleep at night.  We've got him on a prety regimented bedtime routine.  Bath, lotion, Jack LaLanne exercises, bottle, lights out for safety and sleep.  It's glorious news, compared to what it was a couple of weeks ago.  There was a time when I thought he would never sleep and I would have to walk the floors with him until he left for college.  I worried about my upper body strength.  It is nonexistant.
Here he is, not more than 2 weeks old spread out at my parents house. 
July in Minnesota is sultry and even his tiny baby body got hot. 
He looks so little here.  He is not this small anymore. 
But he still smells the same...like baby sweat and lotion and love.

I took this picture shortly after we came home from the hospital. 
He is in the baby cradle that my Daddy made for me 30 years ago when I was born. 
He didn't sleep in it very long, we transitioned him to his crib pretty quickly,
but for a few weeks it was nice to have him within arms reach. 

Do you see his little frog feet? 
That is why I love this picture, for the frog feet.
I also love that he sleeps with his little arms spread over his head.

I probably took 57,000 pictures during this nap.
His little hands by his fatty cheeks...I can't get enough of his fatty cheeks.
And his little hands. 
And his fatty cheeks

I took this last week.  Apparently he will sleep anywhere.
And I will take his picture anywhere...becuase he has fatty cheeks,
but mostly because he is sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment