Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cousins

Uriah's mom likes to have themed-holiday parties.  Yes, that's right...themes.  For the holiday.  Because apparently Jesus' birthday is not enough of a theme.

Last year we had a Mexican themed Christmas complete with two different kinds of tacos, fajitas, espinaca dip from a local Mexican restaurant and Cheesey Mexcian Rice (if you've never had Cheesey Mexican Rice, I implore you to stop what you're doing and go buy some.  That means right now.  It. Is. Delicious.  And I love it.).  This year for Christmas, we had an Italian theme.  Think every carb-addicts dream: lasagna, manicaotti, rigitoni, some other pasta dish, garlic bread and yet another pasta dish...and a salad (Vegetable? Check!)

Anyway, at some point between the carb-induced coma and the present frenzy, we tried to get some cousin pictures.

We started with Finneaus and Ava-Rose.  There are 13 weeks between these two pals - Ava is older, although it's hard to tell because she's a petite little thing and Finn is growing.  Quickly.  I'm looking forward to seeing how their friendship plays out in the years to come...I foresee lots of G.I. Joes riding around on My Little Ponies.


It's kind of hard to get four kiddos to look in the same direction at the same time; especially if one of those kiddos can't sit up by himself, one has more energy than he knows how to channel and sweet baby girl is squished between everyone.  Abs, of course, was trying to get this picture over and done with as quickly as possible so that she could get away from the drooling and go back to watching cable television.


Aren't they cuties?  Still not all looking in the same direction at the same time, but I think we managed to keep everyone upright, not drooling or puking and nobody was screaming.  I consider that success these days.

{Abby, Ava-Rose, Cooper & Finneaus | 12.18.10}
I'm pretty sure that I gained a billion and a half pounds from dinner.  I had to unbutton the top button of my pants and do some deep breathing exercises.  I also may have used my son as an excuse to take a little nap after the present-opening frenzy (which included a Justin Beiber doll - score!). 

And then I made a bedtime snack of pasta with a side of pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment