Friday, March 11, 2011

You Capture: Body Parts

I must admit that I am a silent blog lurker. 

There are some blogs that I check in with daily because the writing is witty or the family is inspiring or the pictures are amazing and phenomenal and make me want to pull out my camera the minute I get home or sit down and type out everything this is in my head.  One blog that I frequent is I Should Be Folding Laundry.  This is a family loves each other, which is so apparent in Beth's writing (I say that like I know her.  I don't.  But if I lived near her I'd accidentally-on-purpose run into her at the grocery store and invite her over for coffee so that I could pick her brain about photography and life and raising kids.). 

And her photography...oh, it's her photography that brings me back.  Beth has a weekly photography challenge.  And it truly is a challenge.  She encourages us (and by "us," I mean whomever reads her blog, because again, I don't know her.) to get out and take pictures for the challenge, not look for pictures that we have already taken.  The goal is to get your camera out and try something new.  And the great thing is that she participates in every single challenge that she posts.

I've never actually done one of her challenges even though she reminds us every week that anyone can join in at any time.  Sure, I've looked at a lot of the people's links who have done her weekly challenge.  And I've been inspired and I think to myself, I'll do it next week.  And, then...well, we all know that I can be a stellar procrastinator.

This week, however, I pushed myself a little bit and took Beth up on her challenge: You Capture: Body Parts. 

This particular challenge came at the most opportune time.  I've been lamenting this week how fast time is flying...Finn will be 8 months old in a few days.  He has two shiny teeth that we have started brushing.  He eats fruits and vegetables with gusto and we give him Baby Mum Mum crackers that he crunches loudly.  He can drink from a sippy cup and sometimes I let him feed himself the last bits of his bottle.  He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth in an effort to gain enough momentum to crawl (but then he get's tired and scoots himself backwards on his belly, unsure as to why his toys are getting farther away instead of closer.).   I'm finding that the memories of how he smelled when he was brand new are fading (he's losing his new car smell, as my pal Sam would say).  And I miss the way his body could curve around mine when I fed him; he's so wiggly now and wants to see everything that's going on.  His hair was so dark when he was born and it's slowly fading into blond and it is so soft and fuzzy; he likes to rub his own hair in the evening when he's tired or when I lay him down in his crib for the night.

This challenge was perfect for me and these pictures are just for me...so I never forget his fatty legs and baby squishy-ness, his soft hair, and his two-tooth grin.


Photobucket

Happy weekendning!
Next week's challenge: Emotion: In Black and White

1 comment:

  1. Nice Black&White shots! Cutest bodyparts ;)

    ReplyDelete