Monday, April 4, 2011

On my (busy, tired) mind...

{Breakfast of Champions? | 4.04.11}
  • I feel as though Finn has changed in a million different ways since Uriah left.  
  • I swear, he took the opportunity to explode into a little man-child overnight.
  • He ate cake at his cousin's birthday party yesterday...after consuming a breakfast of pancakes and eggs and a lunch of mac-and-cheese and cheerios.  Real food is a real bonus (and less expensive than baby food!).
  • He scoots and army crawls really fast...tiger fast.  I can't turn my back on him anymore.
  • Abby did a good job of packing up her room and sorting through her clothes to give to the neighbor girl.
  • Of course, now she's convinced she needs a whole new wardrobe.
  • And she wants a two-piece bathing suit this summer.  
  • I feel as though 11 isn't quite old enough for a two piece.  Am I wrong?
  • Uriah did not put the screen back into the kitchen window before he left.  This sorely limits my ability to have a cross-breeze in the house.
  • That's necessary because we had 80+ degree weather yesterday.  
  • Yes, I caved and turned on the air.  
  • Then it dropped to about 40 degrees with rain and hail last night.  Just proves that in Missouri, if you don't like the weather, wait an hour because it will surely change!
  • I forgot to bring in my houseplants last night.  They looked okay this morning.
  • I did have to go outside in my pajamas, though, and pull the grill up by the house.  It was chilly. And very, very windy.
  • Sorry for the visual, neighbors.  Serves you right, though, for letting your damn pugs outside to do their business at 5:30 am. 
  • I have to put Finn's mattress on the lower level tonight because I fear he has already plotted his escape route.
  • Only 4 more days...I am exhausted and am ready to tag-team out!
  • I will remember to put my coffee on delay brew tonight.
  • I will get up earlier tomorrow morning in an effort to be ready before Finn wakes up.
  • Scratch that...Abby has play practice tomorrow morning.  I don't have a choice...
Happy Monday...if you're good with tools and you're in my neighborhood, I might need some assistance with the crib.  And the window.  And a tag-team break.

No comments:

Post a Comment