Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On my mind...in Iowa.


  • Wow.  Moving is a mean (insert naughty word here).
  • Babies can really put a damper on the sailor talk.
  • I'm trying to cook with a gas range.  I don't have it down yet.
  • I have a two loads of laundry to fold.
  • I don't want to.  I'll fluff them in the dryer tomorrow.
  • It's what Martha Stewart would do.  (Maybe.  In an alternate universe.)
  • I'm waiting for Uriah to get home.  It seems like the wifely thing to do.
  • I wish he'd hurry up.
  • I met someone famous last week...I love famous encounters.
  • I did not meet someone famous in Iowa.  Famous people don't generally come here.  They go to Minnesota.
  • There are a lot of boxes in my dining room.  A lot.  And they still need to be unpacked.
  • I wish I could wiggle my nose and an Unpacking Fairy would appear and do it for me.
  • Do you have any idea how stupendous it was to sleep in my own bed last night?  Amazing.
  • Abby started school today.  Praise the Lord and pass the gin. 
  • I don't think I was going to be able to handle one more day of, "I'm bored...I should be learning something.  I should be in school!"
  • She printed off math worksheets that she downloaded from the internet.  Seriously.
  • I thought most kids liked an impromput 2 week vacation from school.
  • I just realized that my kid is not "most kids."
  • I'm just kidding...I didn't just realize that.  I've known it for awhile.
  • We have a grocery store that feels exactly like the grocery store that I worked at in high school. 
  • It even smelled the same...like fresh bread and deli meat and gossip. 
  • What do you think of my house?  I L-O-V-E it (that is way better than "hearting" something).
  • I wanted to share a picture yesterday, but I waited and took that picture today after Uriah mowed the lawn. 
  • I don't think I'm going to be able to wait for Uriah...too sleepy.
  • Hopefully more pictures later this week...

3 comments:

  1. I love your house! I swore my house would have character...hmm, maybe next time. Our grocery store smells of gossip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Snacks! FABULOUS HOUSE! Fits you perfectly! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm 20 days late and $100 short, but I have to say I LOVE this house! I think I already posted such on FB, but I have to say it again, love the house. It's very you! :)

    ReplyDelete