Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On my (and aching) mind...

  • I got an email from Daniel's Ady. He is officially in Kuwait.
  • I bet he's hot. I will endeavor to not complain about the heat anymore.
  • Abby asked me where Kuwait was.
  • I think we need a map. Or a globe. Or both. And one of those pen's that has a red laser so I can point to places on my map and globe.
  • Geography was not my strongest subject.
  • Neither was math. Or Social Studies. Or gym. Or choir. Or art. Or French. Or history.
  • I did okay in Home Ec, though. And English.
  • It's a wonder I made it into college. Must have been my killer essay.
  • I've let my son run amuck today.
  • He got his one year shots, so I felt he deserved to be able to pull every single piece of tupperware out of my cabinets and spread them helter-skelter throughout the kitchen, dining room and living room.
  • They need to be packed anyway.
  • We Hefters - we're nothing if not nomadic.
  • My head hurts.  I think it's stress.
  • I don't really have it in me to play the clean-up game right now, although I should before I break an ankle on that yellow dump truck.
  • We are having re-heated enchiladas for dinner.
  • I made them a couple of weeks ago and froze them. Days like today call for quick and dirty meals.  I should freeze things more often.
  • Do you have any good make-ahead and freeze meals?  Share your recipes, please.
  • As far as sisters-in-law go, I guess I got the lion's share. 
  • I hope that Ady comes for a visit soon...and Sars, too.
  • My mom and my Emily are coming this weekend.
  • I am going to put them to work unpacking.  It's good they know this already or they'd be awfully surprised when they got here.
  • I haven't seen Emily since the beginning of  May when we left the big, bad city. 
  • Holy crap, that's a long time.
  • I need to send Daniel a package.  I wish I could put some Iowa corn in it.
  • It would probably be popcorn by the time he got it.
  • There really is corn everywhere here.  In the fields, in the stores, and being hustled on every single street corner.
  • Finn just tried to eat a bug off the floor.  Must be dinner time for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment