Thursday, July 7, 2011

On my mind this Thursday morning...

{Slough near Spirit Lake | 6.28.11}
  • I've been a week at my Mom's.  I'm home now.
  • There is laundry to do.  So much laundry.
  • I have a grocery list a mile long.
  • Finn popped his 5th tooth last night.
  • I guess that would explain his stellar attitude for the last half of our drive home.
  • I realized yesterday that I do not have an aptitude for making up songs and entertaining my best boy when he's uncomfortable.
  • I'm still not sure if it was the tooth or my singing that caused his crying.
  • Uriah's family is coming in to town next weekend for Finn's birthday.  I am not prepared...hence the grocery shopping that needs to be done.  And some cleaning.  And a little bit of yard work.  And the list that needs to be made so I can get everything done.
  • He will be 1 year old one week from today.  One whole year already.
  • I am equal parts amazed and sad.
  • My flowers are blooming nicely - Uriah clearly remembered to water them for me!
  • Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing and the thing that we least want to do.
  • Have you seen the movie America's Sweethearts with Julia Robers and Catherine Zeta Jones and John Cusack?
  • In the beginning of the movie, John Cusack's character is in a frou-frou rehab center for celebrities and he keeps repeating the phrase, "Serenity now...serenity now." That's what I think of when I look at this picture.
  • CZJones is so pretty.  I would love to have her hair.  But not her husband.
  • Finn is trying to pull the leaves off of my house plants. 
  • He wiggles all of the time and can't decide if he wants to be on my lap reading stories or on the floor causing mischief.
  • Usually he opts for mischief.
  • And when we're at my mom's house, that mischief includes chasing Kitty Todd around.
  • If Kitty Todd lives through Daniel's deployment, I will be surprised.  I think Finn gave her 4 heart attacks over the weekend.
  • I'm working on a couple of strawberry posts...hopefully I will have something by this weekend.
  • Talking about strawberries makes me want some more strawberry shortcake.
  • I walked 20 miles last week, so in my mind, I can justify a little sweet snack every now and then.
  • Uriah likes to remind me "not to undo what I have done."
  • I do need to go back to the strawberry patch and pick a bunch more, though!
  • But first I will go for a very long walk.
  • I have Finn cow's milk for the first time last week.  He seemed to do okay with it...in a take it or leave it kind of attitude.
  • I have to take him outside now, to do some playing and general wearing out so he takes a nap.
  • If it's a good morning nap, I might be able to get started on cleaning my car.  It is gross.
  • First I should sweep the floor though, since Finn likes to eat everything off of it!  That is more gross than my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment