Thursday, September 22, 2011

He's my lobster! {DIY - Baby Feet Lobsters}

Sorry about bailing on you yesterday.  Abby had her first volleyball game on Tuesday evening and I guess I sort of forgot to get my crap together for the kid-friendly DIY post.


I found this idea for the Lobster foot and hand prints on...you guessed it, Pinterest and set out forthwith to do this little project with Finn.  He has these lobster socks that still put him in, even though he's getting a little to big for them.  I would have given you some step-by-step photos like I did with the lamp and the chalkboard, but really, it's pretty self-explanatory.  Plus, red paint on wiggly baby feet and hands and trying to stamp the paper and take a picture at the same time was not going to happen.  I'm talented...just not that talented.  And Finn is really wiggly.  Here's how it went down:  I stripped him down to his diaper, I painted him, I stamped him and I tossed him right into the kitchen sink to wash him.  The end.

And that red paint?  Candy Apple Red.

Here are some other crafty things I going to do with my best boy:

this i'll try
Homemade Finger Paints - actually, I think this is a project Abby would probably like to try, too.  She and I have made awesome homemade neon colored play-dough in the past, so finger paints are right up her alley.


A project for Finn and Daddy...


I want to make him a tent...the kid likes to crawl in and out and around and through pretty much everything.  This would be pretty simple for Uriah to help me put together, I think.


It's a pirate ship playhouse!  Oh sweet Lord, I'm pretty sure Finn would crap his baby drawers if he got to play in this thing!  I'd better go tell Uriah that Christmas is coming and he'd better get on this... By the way, you can actually buy this pirate ship playhouse.  Go to the link and look at the price.  I choked on my tongue and died of sticker shock.  I'll even give you a hint...the price has three zeros in it.

Happy crafting, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I want that pirate ship playhouse to play in myself?

    How did Abby's volleyball game go? Is she a pro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised, Tara. Landon can even sleep in the crow's nest with his telescope! You know Abby is a total pro. Team USA called for her just 10 minutes ago! Actually, I'll have pictures of her game tomorrow! And her first marching band experience...it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete