Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Home again, home again, jigity jig.

Was it just me or did it get really hot this weekend?  As in...pull out those shorts and tanks you thought you'd put away for the season last week when the mornings were cool and the evenings were cool and even the in-between times were cool, because the mercury has spiked up into the 80s these last couple of days!

Anyway.  I know that I promised not to complain about the weather being too hot, but since Daniel is back in the good old U.S. of A for the next week and a half, I figured I am allowed a by-week.  Is that a football term, by-week?  Did I use it correctly?  Or is it a bye-week? Or a bi-week?  I think it has something to do with the team not playing a game that week, but I think I could also be making that up.  Sometimes I do that, you know, pretend like I know sports jargon and use it in everyday sentences but really, I have no idea what I'm talking about or if I'm even using the lingo correctly.  And that was a very long run-on sentence.

Anyway.  So, it was hot this weekend.  Luckily I remembered at the last possible second on Friday that I hadn't packed any shorts for Finn or me and I threw the car in park and raced inside to get us each a pair of shorts.  We were already a half an hour behind schedule; really an hour behind schedule because there was a communication breakdown between Uriah and me about what time he was actually working until on Friday and I may have gotten a little pissed that he wasn't going to be home when I thought he was going to be home.  It's a long story.  No, I guess it's really not.  He said one thing (allegedly) and I heard another thing (the truth).  See?  Not that long.

Anyway.  I got the shorts.  We got on the road.  I drove the whole way and let me tell you, I am still not comfortable passing cars on a 2 lane highway.  It makes my palms sweaty and my heart beat a little bit too fast for my comfort level.  We spent the weekend at my parents among kith and kin.  I took a ton of pictures (oh, about 300 or so.  Stop choking on your tongue; it was a 3 day weekend.) and now I need to sort through and edit and find disks for all of those pictures so that I can send them off to the aforementioned kith and kin.  And, on top of that, I need to clean my house because Finn apparently forgot how much he loved every single book and every single toy that he owns, so he pulled every single book and every single toy that he owns out of every single book and every single toy basket and they are now scattered across my entire house.  Literally...from one end to the other, Hurricane Finneaus spread a path of toy destruction.  And tupperware destruction.  That crap is all over my kitchen floor right now.

While I plan out my cleaning strategy, I will leave you with this lovely from the weekend:


It's all about the kith and the kin, people.  The kith.  And the kin.
I promise to share other (less disturbing) pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment