Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pinterest is crack.


I ignored my house and cleaning zones.  I ignored the bike trail. I ignored the grocery store. I ignored the handprints on the windows and the crumbs on the floor. I ignored the laundry. I even admit to ignoring my kids (well, not completely, but a little teeny bit.  I'm not proud of it).

I could blame the seasonal transition - the gray skies, the shorter days, the cooler weather and all that crap, but that would be a straight lie.  I blame Pinterest.  It is my new obsession.  I have found some fun crafty ideas and things to do with the kiddos, some great photo inspiration, lots food to bake, and some fun ideas for changing my house.  But I probably need to take a break from it.  If I can.  And I'm not saying that I can, I'm just saying that I probably should take a break from it.  In the interest of, you know, feeding and clothing my children, and all.  But I probably won't.  I mean, I'll feed and clothe my kids, I just probably won't take a Pinterest break.

Bonus for you, though...next week I have a bunch of crafty crap to share with you as a result of my Pinterest addiction.  Let me put it to you this way...I bought mod podge, chalk board spray paint and, if I keep my craftiness up and don't get my butt back on the trail, I'm going to need to dive back into my chubbier clothes because I've tried a couple of great recipes, too.  (Just kidding.  I won't get out those chubbier clothes.  I like it when the scale tips down instead of up.  I vow to better balance crafts, cooking and working out this week.  Pinky swear.).  Maybe you'll be inspired to do something fun, like make Candy Corn cookies or lobster pictures with your kids...or spray paint the crap out of everything in your house.

And the quote with the picture?
Yes, I got that off of Pinterest.

Oh, and if you're on Pinterest, find me...I'd like to see what you've pinned and what inspires you.

2 comments:

  1. I told myself I wouldn't join this site... oh well to late now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many ideas...I can't stay away! Even now I'm thinking, what can I do next?!

    ReplyDelete