Monday, November 14, 2011

Oh, Monday.

How does it happen that Monday is still full of chores, even though we accomplished a lot over the weekend?   Uriah did do quite a bit of cleaning and Abby helped with the laundry over the weekend, but I don't feel as caught up today because I worked this weekend.  I haven't worked a weekend in...a very, very long time.  And, you know what?  I was okay with it.  I kind of looked forward to it, a change from the normal and something different.  It was also a reminder why I choose not to work nights, and it will not become a common occurrence because it really was a pain in the ass to coordinate my schedule and Uriah's.  It took some effort and I'm not sure I can do that on any sort of a regular basis.  Weekends are just too busy for him, and figuring out what we'll do with the kids and who will pick them up and when...gag.  Plus, I have a whole new respect for families where one parent works the day shift and the other works the night shift...on Saturday, Uriah and I saw each other for a grand total of 1 hour, and that's because we talked in bed when I got home from work.  Then yesterday we did the same thing...I worked during the day and Uriah worked the evening.  I miss my husband today.

Finn and I are still sick (luckily Uriah and Abby have managed to avoid our germs.) but we still have lots to do today.  I have already made my lists for Thanksgiving - since we are going to Aaron and Angie's next week, it requires a little bit more preparing, so I will start getting us ready this week.  We will probably spend the rest of the day coloring and watching Sesame Street on YouTube and making soup.  And also trying to finish the laundry and hopefully making some banana bread (the bananas on my counter are looking a little rough).  And if we can stop coughing for more than 5 minutes, we are going to the library for new books.  

Happy Monday, Friends!

.


No comments:

Post a Comment