Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On my mind...



  • It feels like Missouri in Iowa.
  • It has been raining and almost all of the snow is gone.  
  • I'm pretty sure the ice on the lakes is nearly nothing, too.
  • I haven't seen the sun for days and days and days.
  • I need to take some pictures for Christmas cards. 
  • But who wants to take holiday card pictures in the sopping wet outsides?
  • Not it.
  • I'm sure you probably already have your cards signed, stamped and mailed.
  • Good for you.
  • I am not in the holiday spirit.
  • I have birthday pictures from over the weekend to edit.
  • Abby looks pale and sick in all of them.
  • Oh, that's right...because she was pale and sick in all of them.
  • I took Finn for a walk outside this week.  Outside.  In December.  In Iowa.
  • Did I mention that almost all of our snow is gone?
  • I feel like making a list of holiday things that I need to get done would be a joke.
  • The list would take me until Christmas to write.
  • I haven't wrapped one present.
  • I'm tired of being crabby.  And cranky.  And annoyed at the world in general.
  • I have to take Finn back to the dentist on Friday.
  • I'm very nervous.  Very, very nervous.  I love his toothy smile.
  • I'm going  to try to do some Christmas shopping.  Maybe.  If I'm in the mood.
  • I don't think I'm going to be in the mood.
  • We don't even have a Christmas tree up...and I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble.
  • Why does it seem as though we put so much stress on ourselves during the holidays?
  • Oh, that's just me?  
  • Y'all are walking in a winter wonderland out there?  
  • Sprinkling tinsel out of your fingertips?
  • Lucky you.

No comments:

Post a Comment