Monday, February 27, 2012

Desperate Times

I feel like we're grasping at pet straws today.


Finn's disappointment was evident when the squirrel did not put his hand up to the window, too.  And also when the squirrel didn't answer with an equally chipper: "Hi!  Hi!  Heellooo!"  And also when I wouldn't let him open the door and go outside to claim his new "pet."

On a completely unrelated note, I did a P90X video today.  Day 1 is chest and arms.  As it turns out, I could not keep up.  I could not do 30 push-ups.  I may never be able to do 30 push-ups.  I may only be able to do 10 good push-ups for the rest of my life.  But I suffered powered through the entire work out.  One work-out down for this week, 2 more to go!  I will advise tomorrow how I'm feeling - rather, how my arms are feeling.  Finn may not be picked up all day; he'll have to make himself lunch.

I had lots of stuff planned for a post today - I actually wrote part of it in my head when I was trying not to think of the burn in my arms while I was doing these really stupid (and by stupid I mean hard) push-ups where you have to act like you're going under a wire and coming up on the other side.  I did 3.  And the I lost consciousness and forgot what I was going to write about.  Just kidding - about the losing consciousness, not about only doing 3.

And then I checked Netflix and saw that the first season of Downton Abbey is available and since it is now in my instant queue, I feel like I need to watch an episode.  And also, Uriah is still at work, so I don't have to share.

See you tomorrow?  I have something sweet in store...


Thankfuls:
11. A half an hour of extra sleep.
12. Spaghetti & Meatballs all over a certain little boy's face.
13. Not having regular tv - Netflix is all I need these days!
14. Dancing to Swing Time on NPR with Finn.

No comments:

Post a Comment