Sunday, March 4, 2012

Family Photos


This year we committed to taking a family picture each month on the first.  And by we, I mean that I committed the whole family.  Maybe I should be committed.

The fact is, I'm always behind the camera and my pictures consist mostly of the kids and Uriah.  Or the kids.  Or Uriah.  So I decided at the beginning of the year we would stop what we were doing on the first day of every month and take a family picture.  We are 3 for 3, although it's getting to be more of a struggle to get everyone looking in the same direction (side eye to Finn), certain girls to quit caring about how their hair looks, and everyone to get into some of the less-than-traditional ideas that I have.

Beyond that, the last time we had a professional family picture taken was on our wedding day, which as we all know was (just barely) pre-Finn.  So at some point this year, we are going to have a professional family picture taken, too.  I just have to find the right photographer.

Have you had family pictures taken?  Do you know a photographer that you just love?  Have you seen someone's family photos that you thought were awesome?  Please share!  I'm looking in Iowa or Minnesota or the Kansas City area.

No comments:

Post a Comment