Tuesday, March 27, 2012

May I introduce you to...

 ...Boris Yeltsin and his lady-friend, Esmeralda.


More commonly known as "Shishy" in this house.

For reasons that are probably only obvious to me (Uriah rolls his eyes at me so much, I'm tempted to whack him upside the head to make them go straight.  It's unnerving.) Boris is the fish on the left and Esmeralda is the fish on the right.

We also purchased a small snail.  His name is Hoover.


Finn loves his new "shishy" friends.  He really wanted to help Uriah get the tank ready, he stuck his whole hand in the water (before the fish were in there) and he really wants to pet the shish fish.  We are also (shamelessly) using Boris and Esmeralda to learn about counting, as in:

"How many fish are in there, Finn?"
[Blank stare.]
"One," I prompt."Two."
[and a delighted squeal] "Three!"

I guess we should have gotten another fish.  At least he knows that three comes after two, so that's something.  We'll keep trying.


Finn wanted to introduce them to Kitty Kitty.  Between Finn's face constantly plastered on one side of the tank and Kitty Kitty shoved up next to the other side, I think they might die of fright.  If they live another the day, I'll be surprised.


In other news, it's Uriah's birthday today!  Hooray for birthdays!  I've got a cinnamon ice cream base waiting to go into the ice cream maker this morning and I'm going to make him the best damn apple crisp in Iowa (I really don't like apple crisp or apple pie or really anything apple related, so I'm only assuming it's the best because I don't  try anyone else's.  Also, doesn't that sound un-American?).  More importantly, however, I'd hate to have to sing the birthday song and then have to officiate a fish-funeral, so I'm pretty sure I'll spend the day constantly telling Finn to keep his fingers out of the tank and Kitty Kitty away from the fish.

Enjoy your day, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Love the names.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. and his squishy legs...I will be sad when Addie no longer has squishy legs.

    ReplyDelete