Monday, April 2, 2012

What 40 pounds looks like...

{ July 2010 - 2 days prior to having Finn.
Obviously this doesn't count, really.
If we were to count this as the starting point,
it would really be more like: "What 60+ pounds looks like."
I just share this because this truly was the peak of my weight. }

{ May 2011 - a strategically placed baby can hide a lot of things.
Not so much in this picture.
This was the beginning - when I started watching carbs
and walking almost every day. }
{ September 2011 - after a summer of walking, I got a pretty nice tan
and had lost 20 pounds.
I hope to do that again this summer - get the tan and loose the weight! }
{ December 2011 - the beginning of Weight Watchers. }
{ March 2012 - again, a strategically placed baby can hide a lot of things.
There's less for him to hide these days, though!
40 pounds lost since May 2011. }

One of the benefits of the world wide interwebs is that you can connect with people.  I stumbled upon the website of a woman who is leading a 100 Miles in 3 Months Challenge, and I decided to do it.  You can read about the rules here and if you want to join, you certainly can, it's not too late (it's only April 2 and I know you can totally get in 8 miles yet this week!).  The great thing is that it is something that I can work on at my own pace, but I'm still accountable each week for how many miles I've put in.  I also like the added benefit of a virtual community of support as we each work toward the same goal - walking 100 miles in 3 months.  I broke it down to about 8 miles a week or less than a mile a day.  Finn and I can do that!  Of course, I did make myself a spreadsheet to track my daily/weekly/monthly miles and my weight and measurements before, during and after the challenge (I sometimes go a little overboard with Excel Spreadsheets! I love them so much.).  I'll let you know weekly how many miles I've logged toward my goal, and if you'd like to join up, let me know.  Supporting each other goes a long, long way!

So...here's to Monday and fresh starts and walking shoes and foggy morning trails!

4 comments:

  1. you're amazing - always have been! xoxo - smb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I am so proud of you! Especially for posting your before pictures. That is not always an easy thing to do. Keep up the great work. I can't imagine it being easy raising a family, working part time, and losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a fabulous job! I am very impressed, and I'm glad that the 100 Mile Challenge will be able to motivate you along the way. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. Honest is awesome. Scary, but awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete