Friday, June 22, 2012

On the road again...

Everyone in my house is still sleeping.  Every single person.  Except me, which is rare, because we all know I'm not a huge advocate of morning. But the birds are singing outside, the coffee is happily percolating and do I have huge plans for my small ones this weekend. Huge. We are on the road again (in approximately one hour if I can swing it!) and boy, do I have some surprises up my sleeve.  Sometimes it's good to be the one who gets up early, makes the coffee and has an entire hour to herself to plot and plan these kid's weekend away.  And you know, I've come to the conclusion this week that, while the summer of 2012 is going absolutely nothing like I had originally planned (I officially put the Hefter Family Bucket List on permanent hiatus a few days ago), it's actually going much better.  So much better.

From our trip last weekend, lunch stop in Atlantic, IA:

1 comment:

  1. Life is what happens while you are making plans :) Glad you guys are off to a fun summer :)

    And though I'm also not a fan of the morning, after having to get up early for my kiddos for so long, sometimes I'm just up before they are... the quiet and peace is amazing!

    ReplyDelete