Monday, July 16, 2012

Here I go again.

Finn and I dusted off the race car stroller again this morning, after nearly a month of ignoring it.  We went early - or what I thought was going to be early enough to beat the heat.  It wasn't, the thermometer on the bank said 77 degrees already at 8:20,  so we'll be out earlier tomorrow morning.  I ran, but only just a little bit.  Pieces that were on the cusp of not jiggling a month ago had a little extra bounce this morning.  I'm confident that by the end of August, we'll be back to our old, less jiggled daily walk/run routine.  Finn's attention span is a lot shorter these days, and about half-way through the walk, he was ready to be "all done."  I had to bribe him with promises of seeing the sheep and cows on the farm that we walk past.  It worked for a little bit, but I'm getting the feeling that I'll have to up the running ante in order to make this walk a little shorter time-wise, while still getting our 4-5 miles in.  I've joined another 100 miles in 3 months Challenge, and I'm determined to get to that up to the 200 mile mark by the end of September.  Let's just say, I have some catching up to do, but I will not be deterred.

Lots to do today...lots to do for the next few weeks, actually, but the summer is winding down and soon we will have the buzz of back-to-school (Abby has already made her list.  She made it weeks ago, actually.) and yellow and orange leaves and routine.  I love routine.

In the meantime, let's revel in summer for just a little bit longer.  Here are some black and whites from our vacation to the North Shore a few weeks ago:






I'm getting back into my blogging groove and my exercising groove and my weight loss groove; I feel like I've been on summer hiatus this past month, and I have lots to share.  Stop by tomorrow and I will have some big news for you.

Can you barely contain your excitement?  I know that I can't!

And, one more thing: If you'd like to see some more black and whites from this week's photo challenge, head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry and take a peek.  Next week the challenge is Drinks, and I'm pretty sure I'll be all over that one!  

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Nice blog you have here. I shall follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your black and whites but you do have an unfair advantage with your beautiful children. lol Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely captures!! I love that last one, precious!! (thanks for stopping by my little blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful pictures and impressive blog you have! So fantastic!
    congrats and greetings from Spain,

    elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I've been so busy, especially these last few months, I've barely kept up with your posts...catching some on my phone as I collapse into bed at night. Next week life will be calmer and I'll be more chatty on here. But good luck! Now on to making photo booth props :)

    ReplyDelete