Monday, July 23, 2012

My favorite glass.


Moving update: the entire kitchen is packed with the exception of a few things we will need over the next couple of days - that in itself feels amazing.  Of every room in the house, the kitchen takes the most time and energy to pack.  We commenced with the paper plate eating yesterday afternoon.  Abby cleaned the crap out of both of the cars - weeks of beach sand adds up quickly and multiple trips between here and Minnesota over the past few weeks have turned up a plethora of funk in my car.  I still need to get in there with the Febreeze (I found a way to make it on Pinterest a few weeks ago, it's just not high on my list of priorities right now!) and I want to take both cars through the car wash but I can't decide if that's a pre-move or a post-move chore.  Today I'm so happy to be ahead of schedule that we were able to take a walk this morning (it was 91 degrees - not too thrilled about that, but now I feel energized!).  We are going to start taking apart furniture this afternoon and I plan to take the kids to the beach (and maybe even DQ for a cone!) as a treat for being such troopers.  




Anyway, my favorite drinking glass lately is a mason jar.  I'd be willing to get rid of all of my drinking glasses and just drink out of these jars for the rest of my days (not so sure Uriah would be willing to go that far, though.).  And my favorite thing to drink out of it?  Besides tea and iced coffee, water and well, you know, whatever I happen to be drinking at the time...a white wine spritzer.  The official cocktail of moving summer.


Besides looking pretty, they taste so good!  I found the recipe chicken-scratched on a scrap of paper, so I don't know exactly where I found it - probably on Pinterest, but it looked good so I thought I'd give it a whirl this weekend when Uriah's parents were visiting.  You can use any kind of white wine that you like.  We had two different bottles of Pinot Grigio laying around so I combined them (cause I live on the edge like that!).  They tasted fine and as an added bonus - less to move!  You can also use whatever kind of clear soda you like, Uriah picked up some Sprite Zero - you know, so my cocktail could be "healthy."  I though it would be total crap but was actually pretty good (except that once you open a 2 liter, it's only fizzy for about a day and a half max.).  
  • 2 bottles of white wine
  • 1 can pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
  • 6 oz. fresh raspberries
  • 7-up, Sprite, Sierra Mist 
  • Lime wedges
In the bottom of a pitcher, roughly mash some of the raspberries (not quite half).  Add the wine and the pink lemonade concentrate and mix well.  You can chill it at this point, or you can just do as I did and dive right in to making your cocktail.  Put some ice in a glass (or mason jar) add a couple of raspberries, a wedge or two of lime and then fill about half-way with wine-lemonade mixture.  Top it off with some sprite and let happy hour(s) begin!

Like drinks or drinking or drinking glasses?  Head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry and check out this week's challenge: Drinks!

6 comments:

  1. The cocktail looks amazing. And sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know mason jars could make drinks look so delicious, but in your captures, they do! And thanks for the recipe. It looks like a 'must try'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a great refreshing summer drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I will have to make this in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, mason jars...nothing says summertime like it.

    ReplyDelete