Friday, August 24, 2012

Getting to the good stuff.


I feel like all I've been doing lately is slaving in the garden.  And I love my gardens, but dang...there is no end to the weeds and the random crap poking their heads up helter and skelter.  I'm still not sure if I'm pulling weeds or pretties and I'm not sure if I should be pruning back some of the more rambunctious plants.  But I'm doing it anyway.  We'll see where I need to fill come spring.


It's the weekend, though...or almost, at least.  I'm determined to not step one pinky toe into any of the gardens - my shoulder and my calloused hands need a break!  I plan, instead, to play with lots of construction site trucks outside in the sandbox and to buy some school supplies (because we haven't done that yet and school starts in just over a week.).  I plan to eat pancakes with blueberries at our outdoor table that is, somewhat, in shambles because we are "re-envisioning" it.  Which also means I plan to haul two small humans down to the lake to gather some more rocks for aforementioned table re-envisioning project.  I plan to lay on my back and look at some clouds.  I plan to blue-tape the library in anticipation of painting it next week-ish (I'm having a hard time nailing down my time these days.  At least I get out of my jammies before the church bells ring daily at noon.).  I plan to take in the county fair.  I'm plan to pet a cow (because I love them.) and watch Finn's world blow up when he sees a real, live horse.  I plan to eat some cotton candy.


What about you?  Big plans for the weekend?  The Great Minnesota Get Together kicked off yesterday, but I just don't think we'll have the time to get down for it this year.  There's always next year, I guess.  If you're in need of a fun project for the kiddos that doesn't require blowing your diet on all things fried and secured to a stick, I believe that sidewalk painting is the new sidewalk chalk.  Mix equal parts water and cornstarch, add food coloring and paint the heck out of your sidewalks (and feet).  Washes off easily with water (hose or wait for rain, you decide.) and is pretty much fun for adults, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment