Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just a moment.


  • I've started taking an after-dinner walk.  Partly to get in an extra 2 miles for the day (if we walk all the way to the lighthouse) and partly to wear Finn out a little bit between dinner and bedtime.
  • Sometimes we stop and throw rocks into the lake.
  • Every night we see a mama deer and her baby deer and some assorted deer family members (about 6 in all) having a bedtime snack in the field by the lake.
  • I think it's awesome but have yet to remember to bring my big-girl camera (camera phones do not take very good distance pictures.).
  • So far the walks have been working and bedtime for my Tiny Overlord has been a snap.
  • I'm still dealing with spotty internets.  It's not very fast and certainly it's not conducive to getting things done in a timely manner (like Christmas shopping, because I've started that already.).
  • I've also been up to my elbows in the gardens.
  • Yes, plural.
  • I have dirt under my nails and scratches up and down my arms and my shoulder is a little achy at night and my knees have permanent rock dents in them.
  • I have never been so proud!  And so tired.
  • Bedtime is a snap for me, too!
  • I'm also trying to shake this weird post-move anxiety that I seem to have acquired as of late.  
  • I'm back to making my bed when I get up so I'm not tempted to get back into it.
  • Today is Julia Child's birthday - she would have been 100.
  • Ironically, I've been reading Julie & Julia by Julie Powell (in about 2 paragraph snippets before I fall asleep in bed at night!).
  • In honor of JC, I'm going to make something tres, tres French today!

8 comments:

  1. it's the little things; each moment one by one that makes a day so full and rich. great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely capture of the moments in your day! I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo! It has an old-time feeling to it, maybe because you rounded the corners. Your list of things you're doing is amazing. You can't beat gardening for exercise, and I suspect Finn isn't the only one being tired out! Hope your internet becomes more reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful evening. I love walks at this time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, I love the soft light and image of your family going about their evening ritual. Beautiful words as well. I hope you were able to make and enjoy something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete