Monday, September 17, 2012

Autumn Flowers




I love flowers...we had a crop of sunflowers bloom in the middle of one of the gardens recently and every time I looked out the window, I couldn't help but smile.  My mom gifted me with a hearty mum last time I was home and I had good intentions of planting it out back, but it's still gracing the middle of my dinning room table.  I think maybe it's happier as a center piece than out in the elements - or maybe I'm just feeling a bit lazy.  I was making soup the other day and I happened to glance out the side window in the kitchen and there were these little orange flowers poking their sweet heads out of the grass.  I don't know what they are, but I braved a few raindrops to get the picture!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots. I love the mums and especially the sunflowers. They make me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im in love with the third capture. over all they all lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vibrant colors and amazingly sharp images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mum picture is just wonderful! Of course, sunflowers just have to make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super shots....and I can relate to laziness! Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete