Friday, September 21, 2012

Truth be told...this never gets old:




I think we could watch the ships coming and going every day and it would still be exciting.  Last night was maybe one of the best displays yet, with the clouds rolling in and one ship waiting for another to leave and the smell of autumn and water on the air.  I let Finn run off some extra steam and then of course, he didn't want to come home.  Such is the draw that water and boats have on my boy.

Today, as it is a no school day (like every Friday), we are embarking on never-ending task of getting this house ready for winter, which seems like it's just around the corner.  That means the garage needs to be cleaned out and organized and the outside toys need to be put away and the patio furniture needs to be disassembled and stored.  And I may have to mow one more time.

And it's 43 degrees outside this morning.

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you're weekend is as productive as my is going to be (if my lists are any indicator!).

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I need to get my yard and house ready for winter. Winter here is far less extreme than yours however. It seems to early for 43 degree mornings.

    Beautiful shots of the ships. I don't think I would get tired of that either!

    ReplyDelete