Monday, January 21, 2013

On my mind today...the weight of things.


  • I feel like my days have been loaded with thoughts of food and weight and body-analysis.
  • What can I eat? What shouldn't I eat?  What do I want to eat?
  • Is it warm enough to go outside?
  • Should I do yoga on the Wii? Obviously, but I don't really want to.
  • My yoga pants are obviously not for yoga.
  • Is this how I want to spend the rest of my life? Constantly thinking about food?
  • Is the alternative somehow better? Not thinking about food, but then, not really being comfortable in my own skin?
  • Who has time for this over-analyzing?  Obviously, I do.
  • One step forward, 9 steps back.
  • Get out and hike a bit with 30 extra pounds of wiggling, giggling Finn strapped to my back.
  • Slip and fall (but don't get hurt).  Enjoy the view.  And then stuck in the house because sub-zero temperatures and wind make going outside a suicide mission.
  • When do I get to feel comfortable?  10 pounds?  25?  When I hit my 40 lb goal?
  • And when I get there, then what?  It's probably best not to worry about that right now.
  • Let's just focus on getting there.
  • Focus on getting off of this plateau that I'm perched on and can't seem to jump down from.
  • One step forward, 9 steps back.
  • Should I dare to cut back on the carbs again?  
  • I hate cutting things out - denying myself.  I lack will-power. 
  • Maybe I'll focus on telling myself I don't want something rather than I can't have it. 
  • Mind games.  Weight loss is a mind game if ever I saw one.
  • Baby steps to the elevator.  
  • Maybe those 9 steps back will be baby steps and the one step forward can be a giant step.
  • Thank you for listening, I'm going back to my menu planning now.

No comments:

Post a Comment