Monday, February 25, 2013

Spring is in the air (or I may be delusional, either way...)

  • I love being outside when it feels like spring.
  • 34 degrees feels like spring to me these days.
  • I did not wear a jacket.  Or a hat.  I made my kids, though, proving once again my solid parenting skillz.
  • Finn and I went for a run/walk this afternoon.  
  • Happy trails, I tell you, happy trails...even if it was sort of wet and sloppy.


  • Finn originally picked this hat out for Baby Jac.
  • I failed to look at the size.  It said 3 years and up.
  • Jac'll get it as a hand-me-down in a few years, I guess.  In the meantime, we're putting it to good use.


  • Contrary to what this picture might imply, Abby had nothing to do with the building of the snowman yesterday.  
  • She was shoveling out a million feet of snow at the end of our sidewalk because I told her she could no longer walk through the snow pile. 
  • She was not happy about it.
  • I was willing to wait for spring for the snow to melt.  It was a lot of snow - I wasn't going to shovel it.


  •  Finn named the snowman "Cat the Snowman."
  • At least the kid has an imagination. 
  • The coal eyes look like aviator sunglasses, so I would have gone for something like Goose or Maverick, but that's just me.
  • Abby wondered - out loud - if I should be wasting Uriah's charcoal on a snowman.  
  • We haven't grilled for months - and probably won't until at least next month, so I think he'll be okay with the loss of two pieces.


  • The squirrels ate the carrot nose sometime last night.
  • Finn was a little disappointed this morning when he saw.
  • He even had to tell Abby when she got home about the squirrels who ate his snowman's nose.  He was very vocal in his disappointment.


  • In her defense, she did tell Finn never to eat the yellow snow.
  • Unfortunately, now I think he's just going to be on the look-out for yellow snow.

1 comment:

  1. I would make him wear a hat too - that hat is to stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete