Friday, March 29, 2013

Keep calm.



People.  Easter is this weekend.

Are you kidding me?! I am ill-prepared this year.  My kids have nothing for their baskets.  In fact, I don't think I even have baskets (I may have tossed them when we moved).  We have dyed not a single egg.  They will probably be wearing rain boots to church because it is so melty outside.  I know this year my lack of preparedness has everything to do with the temporary job I took a few weeks ago and the fact that we just spent a week in Kansas City for spring break, but I need to get on this Easter train, and fast or someone will think the Easter Bunny hates him...

Here's my list for the next few days:

  • Dye eggs.  We did this last year and I am never, ever straying again.  Ever.  Although this year we're going with traditional hard boiled eggs instead of hollowing out the shells and hiding them with surprises (because this year there are still one zillion inches of melty snow outside).
  • Baskets.  Minimalist this year.  Books, chap stick, flip-flops rainboots.  No chocolate bunnies.  And no peeps (I hate those things) but maybe some Peeps Sugar Cookies.
  • Buy some tulips.  Because nothing says spring like a vase of cheery tulips.
And that, my friends, is going to have to be plenty for this year.  Uriah will, of course, be working on Easter, and Finn and I will be making the trip to my parents on Sunday for a late Easter dinner and to start our work week again (did I mention my temporary job is 4 hours away?  Might that explain some of my fuzzy-headedness...and my inability to find time to blog regularly?!).

Happy weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment