Thursday, April 3, 2014

On my mind...It's still winter.

  • I don't even really have the energy to write because we are bracing for more snow and I feel as though I should be under my covers hibernating.
  • It's still winter here, even though the calendar says spring. 
  • Our computer is about ready to die.
  • No one is surprised; it is a dinosaur and we got it used at least 7 years ago.
  • Someone is annoyed.  And feeling cheap and not wanting to expend the finances that it will take to get a new one.
  • I have dumped everything onto our external hard drive, but it's not hooked up to Uriah's computer, so I don't have access to pictures.
  • I've been using Uriah's but by the time he gets home in the evening, I'd rather hang out with him than write. 
  • My feet are cold.
  • I have been reading like a crazy person, so many good books are out right now or are about to come out.
  • My Amazon wish list is giant.
  • I'm still navigating e-readers through our library.  It is an asinine system to search for books and I find myself annoyed and frustrated when I do it.  There has to be an easier way.
  • I've been watching some questionable Netflix shows lately.  The kind that do not stimulate the mind but hook you anyway? 
  • We are only a few episodes into the new season of House of Cards (also on Netflix, not questionable at all).  We are trying to spread the season out as we watched the first season in about 2 weeks. 
  • I'm ready to start going to antique stores and flea markets and junk shows. 
  • I have an absurd amount of furniture in the cottage just waiting to be painted this spring.
  • I've also been sifting and sorting through some of the boxes that we haven't looked at since we moved.
  • I realize that we moved almost two years ago.  Boxes just full of surprises, I tell you!
  • Finn's favorite game to play is hide and seek. 
  • I jumped out and scared him one time when I was hiding and he was seeking and it was so funny.  Seriously, he did this little dance jump and some jazz hands and he might have almost tinkled a little. Now he has to remind me every day not to scare him. I feel kind of bad about that, actually.
  • But it hasn't stopped him from wanting to play hide and seek one trillion times a day.
  • And just so you know, there are only so many places to hide in this house.
  • Abby's play is almost ready to perform.
  • To hear her talk about it the whole thing is a master flop and no one knows their cues and someone will have to stand off stage and feed everyone their lines for the entirety of the performance.
  • She is such a drama queen.
  • We have a baby sitter for Finn for 2 nights (extravagant) and I think Uriah and I are going to go out on a dinner date before we go to the show (also extravagant).
  • Family galore is coming into town to see her big theater debut.  I can't wait.  I miss my mom. And my Dad.  And my sister.  And my brother.  And my aunties.  And Ady. 
  • I'm trying to adjust my diet because I'm caught in a rut.  It is not good.  Not good at all.
  • I've been webMD-ing myself and I can assure you, I have a multitude of ailments.
  • Do not diagnose yourself using webMD unless you want to entertain the though that you might be susceptible to the Ebola virus, mad-cow disease, H1N1 and the Bird Flu, malfunctioning organs and acne.
  • It's time to make dinner and I've already put Finn in his jammies so this night can just roll right along in a smooth manner.
  • You know...the faster to bed, the quicker we can wake up and shovel another foot of snow.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to Abby on her play. I'd love to know what books you have loved...
    Happy...shoveling! (It totally counts as a workout, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally considering 45 minutes of chucking snow onto the already enormous piles my cardio for the day! :)

      Delete