Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday with Finn

This is what I woke up to this morning...
He is scrumptious and I want to nibble on his cheeks.  It's all I can think about during the day.
Do you see this face?  This is the face of a morning person.  I am not a morning person.  In fact, I typically hate the morning.  I enjoy sleeping in and waking at my leisure.  I have trained Abby not to talk to me in the morning.  She is a morning person and her mouth starts going the minute her eyes open.  All I have to do is look at her and say, "Abby, it's still morning." and she knows to be quiet and watch Good Morning America without her own running commentary on absolutely everything the George and Robin say.  Finn is too little to train to be quiet in the morning.  And, honestly, I like his smiles and his baby noises, they get me geared up for the day.  When he gets to the questioning stage of life, we may run into a problem and he'll have to take some lessons from his sister regarding Morning Dos and Don'ts.
Doesn't he look mischievous...like he's got something up his sleeve and he's going to spring it on me in about twelve seconds.  Or he just filled his pants....either way, he looks devious.  Soon he'll be taking lessons from his cousins and our morning, noon and night will get significantly louder. 

His daycare teacher told me today that he has been so much more chill in the (gulp) month he's been at daycare.  He can actually sit in his swing without demanding (in his very loudest voice) to be held...and, thankfully, I've noticed a difference at home, too.  We hang out together in the kitchen and I can get stuff done with two hands instead of one.  And the other night we read a whole book together.  I realize he has no idea what reading is and that he only likes the sound of my voice, but good habits start early.  It makes me a little bit sad, though...as if he's gaining some more independence and he doesn't need me as much.  So, even though I might be spoiling him just a teensy bit, I do hold him a lot (read: pretty much all of the time).  I miss him during the day and we need to spend some quality time looking at each other when I get home.
I live for this face...I Speed-Racer home so that I can snack on this face. 

Right now I'm counting down the hours until my weekend starts to that I can spend it doing what I do best...cashing in on all of the snuggle bucks that I have accumulated during the week.  And cleaning.  And laundry.  And cooking.  And not sleeping in.  And loving my life.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment