Saturday, September 11, 2010

Northward Bound

My grandma passed away this morning, so Finn and I are going on an adventure tomorrow, just the two of us, to Minnesota to help my Mama with whatever she needs. By "just the two of us," I mean we are leaving Abby and Uriah at home. Abby would be missing two days of school (maybe even three) and Uriah and I decided that was probably not in her best interest, so he's staying home with her and Finn and I are heading North.

We're taking Emily along, (or rather, she's taking us along since she's driving) so I guess it won't be just the two of us. I'm actaully pretty glad that
the 3 of us can drive together, it'll make 8+ hours in the car a little bit eaiser to handle and I love to have that semi-uninterrupted time with my sister; it seems we haven't had . And sometimes an extra set of hands with Finn is necessary. Last time we went to Minnesota he was 2 weeks old and he pretty much slept the whole trip. I'm not counting on that happening, but hopefully we leave early enough that he takes along morning nap for a good chunk of the trip.

I'm going to miss my sweet grandma, but I'm comforted in the fact that she had nearly 91 years on this earth and she lived a good life - 5 kids, 9 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren is something to be proud of! I'm also thankful that she got to meet Finn and was able to see me married and with a family of my own, something she always told me I should have!

I should be off to bed now...Finn will be awake and hungry in about 3 hours and Emily will be her early!

No comments:

Post a Comment