Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Send Clothes...

...I don't wanna go home!


Don't get me wrong I love my husband and I miss my bed, but I love Minnesota, too (and when I say "Minnesota," I mostly mean my Mama and Daddy). It has been so nice to be here with my Mama. I wish the circumstances had lent for better times and less stress, but I know that being near my family makes the tough times a little less crummy.

Finn was such a good boy this week. He was calm through the service for Grandman today and he allowed himself to be passed from one Auntie to the next and one Great Auntie to the next and even spent some quality Uncle Dan time. He traveled up from Missouri and back and forth to St. Cloud twice and back and forth from the Cities. He slept nicely during the car rides and was content to watch the world go by during the burial. I thanked the good Lord that he was on his best behavior. It makes my limited parenting skills look stellar.

And then we got back to Mama's this evening and he broke. He didn't want to be held and he didn't want to be rocked and Auntie Emily tried, Auntie Sars tried and Aunt Angie tried. Hell, even Grandpa and Uncle Aaron tried. Nothing. That kid would not be consoled. I finally had to put him in his baby sling and walk him around the block until he fell asleep. He misses his Daddy and I'm pretty sure I was a very poor substitute tonight. And for that reason alone I have to go South tomorrow. Finn needs his Daddy and who am I to deny him?

No comments:

Post a Comment