Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Bath Time

I could not wait to come home tonight to give my pal a bath.  It was all I thought about during work today.  It was all I wanted to do.  That and take a nap, but I wanted to give Finn his bath more. 

It was a long day and and for some reason, an even longer commute.  I came home and I fed Finn and I chatted with my sister-in-law, who had come over for dinner.  And after she left, Uriah got the bathwater ready and I spent 20 minutes giving Finn what we refer to in our house as a Baby Bird Bath, which is a bath with no soap.  We do soap every other night, but a warm bath relaxes him and he really likes it.  This is where we catch up on each other's day.  It is my favorite time. 

Once Finn was clean and smelling like only a fresh baby just out of the tub can smell, we snuggled a little bit and watched The Dad play with my new present...the Wii Fit Balance board.  Let me preface this by saying that I have very good intentions!  Every day I think: This is it!  This is going to be the day that my life magically comes together.  However, my son is almost 3 months old; I struggle to fit 684 hours into a 24 hour span and "that day" comes and goes with alarming speed.  I've been trying to find a way to fit in a visit to the gym a couple of times a week, but time and energy seem to be sorely lacking (becaue Baby Bath Time has taken precedence over Heather's Exercise Time).  And I'll be honest, I feel a little guilty being at work all day and then going to the gym after and missing out on family dinner time and baby bath time and light's out for safety time. 

So Uriah brought the gym to me.  Because he thoughtful and he loves me and he just wants me to be happy - with life and with myself.  I'm very happy with my life.  I am not so happy with myself.  And now I'm very excited to meet some weight loss goals that I had set for myself a year ago...before I had a baby....but still be home to give said baby his Bird Bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment