Sunday, October 3, 2010

I need a weekend for my weekend

         


We ran our bums off this weekend and I. Am. Tired. 

I love my weekends off (since a full weekend only happens once a month...), but it seems as though we cram a heck of  a lot of stuff into two very short days.  We put lots o' miles on the little Civic this weekend.  Abby, Finn and I drove to Napoleon, MO last night, picked E&J up on the way; enjoyed a fire and some mallows and some custumes and visted with A2D.  Abby met a boy (I guess The Conversation this past week came none too soon!).  Remember when you first realized that boys (or girls) were interesting and not just bike riding booger pickers?  I don't, I still think that's what boys are, but Abby realized this weekend that boys do exist who will talk to her for reasons other than to borrow a pencil or copy her homework.  It was fun (and pretty funny) to watch...and they went on a hayride together (OMG. Can you, like, even believe it?!  This is soooo crazy!).  But not before she got a stern talking to from her godfather (her Dad was working, but would have approved of the conversation, I'm sure). 

Today we were in Blue Springs for Uriah's step-dad's birthday.  It was loud.- as only Uriah's family can be.  And fun - sort of like a circus: you want to watch all the acts at the same time.  Our nephew Cooper is a load of energy and he loves his cousin, Finn, although he calls him by his full name: Finneaus and it sounds so sweet coming from Cooper.  He wanted to hold his hand and probably would have played cars with Finn if Finn had any dexterity.  He had to amuse himself playing Barbies with Abby instead.  From there we headed over to E&J's for some grilling.  Emily and I realized that we hadn't had a Sunday Post visit since before Finn was born. There was a time that we did it about once a month or so, but life gets in the way sometimes.  Calendars have to be brought out and dinners need to be scheduled in advance now!  We introduced Finn to his four-legged cousins, Gus and Ruby; luckily Uriah had some chew toys for our crazy hound friends and they were immediately won over by the baby.  They'll probably expect treats every time they see Finn from now on. 

We got home at a relatively decent time...usually it goes much later when we are at E&J's but I am tired tonight and Abby has school tomorrow and Finn needed a bath and plants needed to be brought in (it looks like a jungle in here again).  So, kittens, I am off to bed.  I hope this football game gets over soon, so that the human furnace warms up the bed and I can turn the real heat down (we have a baby in the house or the heat would not be on!).  Nighty-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment