Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holy Crap...it's not even 8:00!

If someone had told me that parenting a tween was going to be anything but kittens and picnics, I probably would have laughed the off the planet.  Don't get me wrong...I read the books and I know how girls can be (I'm persoanlly responsible for 1/5 of the grey hairs on my mother's head) but up until about what seems like 30 seconds ago (or over the summer) Abby was so sweet.  Even up to last year, she was such a good girl; she was enthusiastic and willing to try just about anything and she had a good attitiude and she woke up happy.  And then this summer came and she tipped over into The Dark Age.

It's not even 8:00 this morning , I have not even put on a pot of coffee for Lord's sake, and I feel like I've been to war.  She's surly and she has an attitude and she is so stubborn!  It's too early for the Corn Child Blank stare that I get when she knows that I'm right, but doens't want to accept it.  I think I need to go to Barnes and Noble and get anther book...Countdown to College:  How To Curb Your Excitement For Your Kid's 20s and Get Through the Teen Years. 

Finn is still blessedly sleeping, so I'm going to take advantage of this quiet al one time to get in a work out and make a huge pot of coffee and pray that the rest of the day smooths itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment