Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday


Uriah and I took a little holiday last weekend...as much of a holiday as you can toting a 4 month old, that is.  It was nice to have a break from the hussle and bussle and to be able to have deep and meaningful conversations about things like, should we watch ESPN or HGTV?  We don't have cable in our house, so these kinds of conversatins are imperative to keep the peace when on holiday.  We drove back home through a snow-storm, which made me thankful yesterday for the ability to wear flip-flops in December.

And now the weekend is upon us.  We had a surprise birthday part for Abby last night, although her birthday is technically next weekend.  Today is the baby's baptism and tomorrow my Mama and Pops and Sars leave to go back to the great white North, where we will be in a couple of weeks.  Before that, though we will need to celebrate Abby's real birthday, more surprise await her next weekend, and we need to decorate a tree and put up some Christmas goodness and make some cookies and buy some presents.

You know...hussle and bussle.

With all of the lists that I've made and things I need to get done, and timelines to do it all, I really wish my biggest decision still involved whether to watch TV downstairs in front of the fireplace or upstairs, in bed, in front of the fireplace...

No comments:

Post a Comment