Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Monday. Or is it?

Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, friends! 

For those of you in the education or banking industry...lucky!  For the rest of us, plugging away in the world of cubicle (not that I work in a cubicle, but I have, so I can say with confidence that it's not the greatest feeling.), does it really feel like Monday to everyone else?  All I can say is, Wow.  Did you want to stay snuggled in bed this morning like I did (weather predictions of rain and ice and snow proved to be false this morning, thank God, or Uriah would have been resigned to driving me to work.  Not convenient.).  Apparently, Finn wanted some extra snooze time this morning, too.  He roused himself at about 3 this morning for approximately 20 minutes before he talked himself back to sleep.  I was not so lucky...I saw the clock say 4 before I was able to fall back asleep.  And then the little nerd had the nerve to sleep in!

Yesterday morning?
6 am wake up call.

This morning we had to wake him up at 8:00! 

How was your weekend?  Did you get lots accomplished?  I got a couple of pretty major things checked off my list (room cleaned, floors cleaned, bathroom cleaned, some laundry done.).  And I started a love affair.  Yes, that's right.  I am leaving my husband...

...for Sticky Toffee Pudding.  And really, not even the pudding, mostly just for the Sticky Toffee sauce that goes on top of it.  I am going to make gallons of this stuff and drink it with a swirly straw all day long.  Who cares about diets when you can have Sticky Toffee sauce?  If you had some, you'd be converted, too.  It has bourbon in it.  And sugar and love.  Lots and lots of love.  Did I mention that I made bourbon ice cream, too?  Now, imagine, if you will, cold Bourbon ice cream melting under the oozing warm Sticky Toffee sauce...you'd leave your husband for it.  Unless you didn't have a husband.  Then maybe you'd leave your wife or your dog or your sanity.

I can't wait to go home and bypass dinner so that I can dive headfirst into the Sticky Toffee sauce.  It will make this Monday so much happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment