Sunday, February 27, 2011

On the mend


We started out our day in the tub because that's what you do when the diaper fails to hold all of that baby delight (by the way, it was not delightful.  It was pretty grody; my sinuses are still pretty stuffed, though, so I didn't really smell anything and Finn enjoyed a few minutes of splashing).

I've been holed up in my yoga pants for the past week, nursing first the baby and then myself through quite possibly the worst cold EVER, but I think we're all almost healthy .  Well, except Uriah, who's sinuses strarted to bother him yesterday.  But I've been plying him liberally with Sudafed and orange juice in an effort to circumvent the worst of it (for the record, I realize that I make a really bad sick person, especially when it lasts longer than 14 seconds, and especially, especially when I loose my ability to taste; I get snappy and unreasonab le.  However, I'm a damn fine nurse!)

It always amazed me how families talked about passing the flu or a cold around their house; how every single person somehow managed to be stricken with the plauge of the moment.  "Have you not heard of Lysol Disinfectant spray?" I'd think. "Wash your hands, for crying out loud!"  Honestly, I had no idea that you can Lysol the crap out of your house 24 hours a day, boil everything including the bed sheets and the kitchen sink, and wash your hands constantly, and still end up passing that virus around. 

So, I guess we're looking at another week at least before we can claim to be 100% healthy.   In the meantime, it's teetering on the brink of March which means, among other things, St. Patty's Day and Uriah's birthday, two of my most favorite holidays, and hopefully some nice spring weather will be here to stay, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment