Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome, Weekend. How I've missed you.

This week has felt interminably long and I am so happy that it's (almost) the weekend.

Abby tried out for her school play yesterday and I'm certain she will be on pins and needles all weekend wishing for Monday and the results.  We discussed acting as a profession last night, mostly because she brought up the timeless kid question: Why do I even have to learn that stuff?  (and by "that stuff," she means the anatomy they are learning in health class.  Apparently bones are, like, so gross.).  I had to think quick and put a spin on why learning anatomy is beneficial to the future actor: What if you have the opportunity to play a doctor?  Don't you at least want to have an understanding of bones and blood and muscle tissue so that you can more accurately portray someone who deals with that? 

She had to think about it for a minute, but I think that it's slowly starting to sink in that she needs to have a wide base of knowledge if she wants to portray different characters.  The real problem is that she's too smart for her school and she's not being properly challenged.  She's in 6th grade and she has yet to bring home homework, but she's made the Honor Roll all year with straight As.  We'll need to make some changes next year, I think.

{Bohemian Chic | 2.6.11}

Finn can't be bothered to take a bottle or a nap.  It is too much work, and besides, now that he's had a taste of real food (peas, beans, applesauce, peaches, squash, sweet potatoes and yes, even prunes) that's what he'd prefer to eat, not that I can blame him.  I plan to put into effect: Operation Nap More than 30 Minutes this weekend.  Wish me luck...

{Too. Much. Work. | 1.24.11}
We have minimal plans this weekend.  There is a Girl Scout meeting tonight to discuss The Big Trip, so Uriah and I are required to participate in the first part of the meeting (nothing better than spending your Friday night in the presence of 10 screaming, excited, chatty 11 and 12 year old girls.).  I'm hoping it goes quickly, though, because I've been looking forward to a walk around The Plaza tonight to take some winter pictures and enjoy the fresh (not sub-zero temperature) air.  Tomorrow or Sunday (depending on when the light is the best) I am going to take Finn's 6 month pictures.  I attempted on Tuesday, but Little Dude would not smile; he was more interested in his pony and the dust bunnies and napping and wondering where his breakfast was.  Needless to say, Uriah's assistance will be necessary.  But I have some good ideas, so hopefully they turn out the way I'm envisioning.  I'm really mostly just excited for the weather this weekend.  It's supposed to get into the 50s, and I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that it will...I am aching to open the windows and air out some of the winter stuffiness.

I hope your weekend is equal parts fun and relaxing...and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment