Saturday, February 12, 2011

Is spring on its way? Hopefully!

We had the most perfectly lovely weather today, it was in the 50's...I am heartened that spring will be here soon and my tulips will make a cheerful appearance before too long.  I am ready to start planning my summer garden, since this summer I will actually be able to participate in the planting and the nurturing (Uriah and Abby dropped the ball big time last summer...).  I have plans for some container gardens and lots and lots of herbs.

In the meantime, we spent the day playing and making cookies and building snowmen.  The warm weather melted the snow just enough that it was perfect for snowman rolling.  Abby informed me that she'd never built a snowman before, so I had to give her a quick lesson on rolling the balls for the body parts and finding some sticks for the arms, rocks for the face and a hat and scarf to top it all off.  I'd say, based on the pictures below, that she did a pretty good job for a first timer.  Uriah said he could see the snowman as he was driving up the street...and although his face had melted off (the snowman's, not Uriah's - just thought I'd clarify.), there nothing like the cheerful wave of blue gloves to welcome the Dad home!

I am pleased to report that Operation: Nap More Than 30 Minutes was a huge success today!  Finn took a 2 hour nap this morning and just a little over an hour nap this afternoon and he just barely made it through his bedtime bottle tonight before he was snoring like an old man.  I guess the fresh air did my sweet boy some good!  More play time outside tomorrow for sure! 





No comments:

Post a Comment