Friday, March 25, 2011

Iowa: More than just piggies.

Greetings From Lake Okoboji Antique Postcard  

I asked Uriah if buying pork products in Iowa was similar to buying lobster in Maine...cheap and plentiful and on every corner.  He looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

I guess I'll have to wait until May to find out...when we move to Iowa!

The next great Hefter Adventure is about to begin...well, actually it began last week when we decided to accept a new job and relocate our own little piggies to Okoboji, Iowa (far north western corner of Iowa, super fun resort-type community with lakes and a small town feel, good schools and only 4 hours from my parents!  Can anyone say: HELLS YES?!).  Suffice it to say, in a short amount of time, lots of things are changing in our house; Uriah starts training next week (for a month, far away from us) and I will be left on the home-front, single-parenting and packing up our house and continuing to work full-time.

I'm tired already, and a little nervous and a lot overwhelmed.  But so, so excited for what is about to unfold.

So there you go.  We are going to celebrate Uriah's birthday this weekend with a big grill-fest and friends and family (Uriahpalooza?) and then next week the packing will commence and disorganization will reign supreme.  But until then, I am going to enjoy a semi-organized house for one last weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaay!!!! I love Iowa!! Well of course being from Iowa... I am a little biased. AND Iowa does have the best porkchops (granted I have never had porkchops in any other state and never will) but I am very excited for you guys!

    I want to know about Uriah's new job. And what you are planning on doing...finding a new job too, being a stay at home mommy for a while, figuring it out when you get there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd be excited, Tara! I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet...stay at home for awhile and get our family settled first and Abby in school and everything unpacked. I need to figure out a new town and where everything is...all that good stuff. And I have big plans for afternoons at the lake and visiting my parents a lot this summer...and maybe even a garden if I can work it in! You should come for a visit - and bring Landaloony, too!

    ReplyDelete