Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechauns

I took my little leprechauns for a walk this afternoon when we got home.  The weather was too beautiful to ignore and since it's supposed to be rainy and gross this weekend, I figured we'd better enjoy every last drop of this 70 degree day.  However, I failed to take into consideration the fact that Finn had taken one nap at daycare today.  And that nap took place this morning for approximately one hour (obviously he's still getting used to his new surroundings, because he will take a 2+ hour nap when he's home with me on Tuesdays and the weekend).  He was tired and a little bit fussy at the park and he kept rubbing his hair, a sure sign of a tired boy!  After we played at the playground for a little bit, he fell asleep in his stroller for the rest of our walk. 

Abby is on spring break all week long (do you ever remember having an entire week of spring break when you were in middle school?  Other than a few days around Easter, I don't think I had a spring break until I was in college).  Since she had a sleep-over at her friend's house last night, I thought it might be good for us to do something as a family (although Uriah was working, so it was just the kiddos and me) so I dragged her along to the park with Finn and me.  We discussed the pros and cons of joining a team sport (she still has a little trouble walking and talking at the same time, so I think some sort of organized sport that requires coordination might help her) and also the benefits of changing her research paper from Justin Bieber to something a little more...academic.  I think she's settled on switching her topic of choice to Ellis Island.  Thank God. 


Happy St. Patty's Day!
I think there is a martini at the end of my rainbow...what's at the end of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment