Monday, March 21, 2011

On my mind today...

pretty much my last tulip shot of the year
I love tulips.
Tulips are the harbingers of spring, don't you think?
Mine are starting to poke their little green heads through the earth.
It was in the 70s yesterday and today...I should hope they'd be springing forth.

I love an old fashioned fairground
I love carousels.
I love the colors and the horses and the not-so-fast spinning.
One day I am going to go to Paris and I am going to ride a carousel.
Uriah and I had plans to go to Paris once.  
We bought travel books and got the paperwork for passports and everything.
Then life got in the way, as it is apt to do, and Paris got shelved.
We will go one day and there will be carousels and wine and baguettes.

Summer lake
I love summer.
I can hardly wait for lazy days at the beach.
I love sleeping with the windows open and the sound of crickets.
I can't wait to walk barefoot in the yard and introduce Finn to grass.
I really can't wait to plant some veggies and some herbs.

Gardens, Gunby Hall, Lincolnshire
And speaking of planting...I love this garden!
I wish it was in my back yard.  
I also wish I had the time to take care of a garden like this.
I can totally imagine myself having breakfast in this garden.
Wouldn't that be a great way to start the day?
I think it would be therapeutic and would totally demolish all bad moods.
Too bad insurance doesn't pay for therapeutic gardens.

Amy 
I love this face.
I want this dog.
Alas, he will not be coming to live at our house any time soon.
At least not until Finn is old enough to help take care of him.
That's the plan, anyway. 
But I might not be able to wait that long to scratch his little ears.

Happy Monday.
Here's to a week of tulips and warm breezes and baby kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment