Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This is what chaos looks like...

Maybe that's just me, but I love to catch a glimpse inside people's windows. Not in a creepy, Peeping Tom sort of way.  More like a quick snap shot, a blurred glance as I drive by.  My favorite time of day is late evening in the wintertime when the snow is a kind of a purpleish color and they sky is beginging to envelop the house in a navy blanket of cold.  In spite of the crisp air and the frost on the sidewalks, the windows always look so warm and inviting.  When I was in college those windows always made me so homesick.

I pity the fool who looks in my windows today. It looks like massive amounts of chaotic-boxes-furniture-moving-insanity.  It is crunch time here in the Hefter house...packing is at an all time frenzied pace (and I am hating most every minute of it) and we spent 4 days in Minnesota and didn't get home until almost 1:00 this morning, so we have that to recover from, too. And while I have peaceful and lovely pictures of Easter and spring and Finn looking all handsome and Abby looking much too grown up and an egg-dying experience that was so much fun, I chose instead to share with you this:


Mostly because I want you to feel a teeny-tiny bit sorry for me.  And mostly because I got 4 hours of sleep last night with Finn snuggled pretty much on the entire bed (because he slept in the car and 2:00 am seemed like an all-right time to play!) and Abby was up at 6 this morning for play practice (and apparently, based on the amount of noise, she has a new herd of elephants sharing her room) and well, there just has been not time for a nap and I am a bit crabby. 

I hope this week goes fast.

Really, though, I hope we have a place to live soon, because ready or not, here we come and I'd rather be living in a house than looking longingly into someone's windows as I drive a moving truck aimlessly around Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment