Thursday, April 7, 2011

You Capture: Fun


These shoes came to live with us before Finn did.

If you know my husband, then you know that he lives for all things plaid.  And not in a weird Brawny paper towel sort of way, more like the Scottish Tartan Trouser sort of way.  Uriah was convinced that whether we had a boy or a girl, these shoes would work.  And while it doesn't take much convincing to get me to buy a pair of shoes (or pretty much anything for the kiddos), I'm certain a girl baby would have looked a little awkward wearing these green plaid shoes. 

When they arrived in the mail they looked so teeny-tiny.  I couldn't even imagine that baby feet could come so small (Uriah's a tall guy and I come from a family of big feet) and I started to second guess my size choice.  However, when we brought Finn home, one of the first things that I did was hold these little plaid shoes up to his feet and suddenly, the shoes that had looked so tiny just a couple of months earlier, now looked gigantic compared to his newborn toes.

It took 8 months, but I'd say Finn is sporting his plaid shoes with style. 
And if his father has anything to say about it, I foresee a long, long life of plaid for this young sir.

Photobucket
Next week's challenge: Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment