Monday, May 2, 2011

Things I don't want to talk about...


  • I may or may not have a place to live...it's still up in the air.  The first place fell through.  Fingers crossed for the second one,
  • My car still has not been fixed and now it has a crack in the windshield thanks to a super dump truck on Highway 71.
  • Living in a hotel is fun.  Until it isn't.  And that happens pretty quickly.
  • I need to do laundry (yesterday).
  • I bought a swimming suit.  I cried.
  • I have been doing lunges in the pool with Finn.  My thighs hurt...which makes me somewhat gleeful.
  • I refuse to cry when buying a swimming suit ever again.
  • It is cold here.  As in...cold.  As in...unseasonably cold.
  • I. Want. My. MIXER!  I have not baked anything for going on 6 weeks.
  • Watching Food Network is crack.  It's going to be a long, hard road back to sobriety when I move out of this hotel and no longer have cable.
  • I should get my fix while I still can.
  • Finn is sleeping on the floor.  Does that make me a terrible mother? 
  • I sure hope not, but, honestly, it is too much work to take all of the crap out of the trunk of my car to get to the pack-and-play and then put all of that crap back in.
  • Speaking of my car (again), I feel like a horder every time I look at it.  It. Is. FULL!
  • I wonder where the grocery store is...
  • I wish I had the energy to read.
  • I wish I had a good book to read...maybe it's a good thing I don't have the energy for it right now.
  • All of my plants are at my sister's house.  They have names and I'm sure she's taking good care of them, but I don't think she'll call them by their names like I do.
  • I wonder what the planting season is here?  It seems awfully cold to be putting in a garden.
  • Why am I worried about the planting season...I don't even have a house!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, this too shall pass and be a distant memory. At least you have something to laugh at otherwise you would go crazy...I only speak from experience. What town did you move to? Let me know when you are in Sauk again maybe we could meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending our love your way! It will get better soon and before you know it Shaun and I will be there to see you! I am thinking sometime in June it will be warm enough to rent a boat and go out on the lake or atleast go for a walk around the lake. Miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was in your boat a couple of years ago...was not fun at the time and cried a few tears myself, however looking back on the 57 days we were homeless (with a 2 and 3 year old) we can now laugh about it! I will pray that your time will pass quickly and soon you will be baking away in your new home!!

    ReplyDelete