Sunday, June 12, 2011

Here lies summer...may she rest in peace.

It has been cold as flip here since last Thursday, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to share with you our summer.

It lasted 2 days. 

Long enough for us to take in Arnold's Park (from a distance because they will take your last red cent in admission!) and Baker's Point Beach.  I can tell you that if the weather takes a turn for summer, we will be going back to Arnold's Park - actually inside the park, I mean.  It's summer and Abby's a kid and what the heck to we work for besides to blow it on cotton candy and overpriced carnival rides and mini-doughnuts at least once in a while (and by "we," I mean Uriah - I get paid in poopy diapers and sticky kisses and something tells me that's not going to cut it at the ticket counter.).  And if the weather takes a turn for the balmy, we have a couple more beaches to test out.

{Arnold's Park back when the days were sunny...}

{Baker's Point Beach back when the days were H.O.T!}

And even though it doesn't feel like summer outside, my husband still keeps summer hours.  I think I'll crawl into bed under my down comforter now...to wait for summer and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment