Friday, June 10, 2011

I want popsicles and a healthy back, please.



I can now successfully get out of bed by myself in the morning and I can almost pick Finn up without cringing.  I'm getting better at getting in and out of the car without looking like a total fool (or a 100 year old lady).  I've been adjusted and therapied and x-rayed (all without insurance...I can't wait for that to kick in again!).  Finn and I walk the stiffness out of my back muscles and pelvis bones every morning (and we've been passed by old ladies, I might add, but we get to walk along the lake, so I try not to notice those spry 70-year-olds).  I still can't sit for long periods of time without everything getting stiff and I can't bend forward very far, but I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

This weekend I've got a bunch of stuff on my list of things to accomplish: at the tippy-top is laundry and Finn's birthday party invitations.  And, if the weather stays like it is (low 60s) I'm going to have to pull out our winter clothes.  But if it warms up tomorrow, like it's supposed to, I'm going to make another round of Strawberry Smoothie Popsicles.  I'm addicted.

I made these very delicious (and healthy - don't forget healthy!) Popsicles for my little people P.B.S. (Pre-Back Shit) and when the weather somewhat resembled summer.  They were a huge hit and I've wanted to share them with you for over a week now, but I haven't been able to sit at the computer long enough to type my name, much less a blog post.

So...here's to warmer weekends and healthy backs and lists that get accomplished!

Strawberry Smoothie Popsicles
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2/3 cup splenda
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/4 teaspoon strawberry kool-aid powder

Blend all ingredients in blender or food-processor until smooth.  Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze.  Makes 13 Popsicles.

**I got my Popsicle molds at the Wals-mart, they are very cheap-o there.  And also, I have nowhere else to shop here except specialty/touristy shops.
**I also only made half the recipe, yielding 6 Popsicles.  I should have made the whole recipe.  I will not make that mistake again. 
**These are relatively healthy (read: very carb-friendly)  if you use the splenda, but I'm sure you could substitute regular sugar if you have a splenda aversion (my husband does, but he ate these anyway and said they were good).

No comments:

Post a Comment