Friday, September 9, 2011

Ady in Iowa


Daniel's Ady came to visit us here in Iowa a couple of weeks ago, and I think we showed her a pretty darn good time, if I do say so myself.  For the record, Sars came, too, but she had a class to take, so she had to leave early and didn't get to do all of the fun stuff that we were able to do with Ady.



We took her for a walk around Arnold's Park and showed her the lake.  Since it was a hot day, an ice cream cone from the Blue Bunny Ice Cream Parlor was necessary.  It is such a fun little retro ice cream shop with big bins of ice cream tucked inside white coolers.  You get to pick your scoops and your cone.  Perfect for eating by the lake on a sunny day.


Abby and Ady each got a cherry cheesecake flavored ice cream cone.  Finn and I shared Rocky Road.  I love Rocky Road so much.  Just thinking about Rocky Road ice cream makes me want to go and get a cone right now.  Too bad the ice cream shop is probably closed since summer is officially over here in Spirit Lake.   I think I might have to make that in my ice cream maker next week.   


Finn loved the Rocky Road, too.  In fact, he gave me dirty looks when I would try to wipe his face off.  I think he wanted to save the extra ice cream on his mouth for a snack.  I also got an extra plain cone for him to nibble on and he was in baby heaven.

Next summer our plan is for Daniel can come back with Ady and we can show him around Okoboji, too.  Although I think there will be more beer and less ice cream consumed when Uncle Dan comes to visit!

The weekend is almost here and I can't wait to see Daniel and Ady!

No comments:

Post a Comment