Thursday, October 13, 2011

Regarding our Kansas City Trip.

We went to Kansas City a couple of weekends ago.

It was a much-needed visit, since we hadn't been back all summer (due to new job, new school, moving twelve hundred times...you know, stuff like that.).  I know Uriah was a little homesick, and I think now he understands a little better how it was for me being away from my parents for the years that we lived in Kansas City.

Anyway, we had dinner at my sister-in-law's new house, and since Aaron and Angie are on both sides of my family tree, we got to see them that evening, too.  


Their new back yard is amazing (actually, their whole house is amazing!) and came with this super fantastic swing set.  The kids played outside until it was too dark to see.  Finn ran so much, he fell asleep before we even pulled out of the driveway.  That swing set is like the toddler whisperer.  I need one.


Did you know that getting 4 kids to look in the same direction at the same time with their eyes open is nearly impossible?  Also, I'm not really sure what kind of face Finn is making, but this was as good as it gets.  I will try harder and bribe bigger at Christmas.


Seriously...the most amazing play set.  Finn thought he could climb the faux rock walk, but alas, he never actually made it off the ground.


Ava tried to give Finn a hug.  He brutally rebuffed her by walking away.  But he made up for it by laughing and clapping when it was her turn to go down the slide.


It was so funny to watch them take turns and laugh with each other.



Cooper was seriously surprised when he saw Finn.  I think he still thought that Finn would be a baby and, even though Finn was walking around, Cooper kept asking if he could hold him and would try to pick him up periodically.




Where there's a cat...there is Finn.  Poor Casper is the oldest, fluffiest cat in the world and Finn only wanted to touch his tail (it's all he ever wants to do to cats - he's a cat lover.).  He chased that poor old cat all over the house trying to catch it.  


This is the first year that we won't be Trick-or-Treating at Debbie's, so she had some little treats for Finn and Abby.

We managed to get in a visit at Emily and Jerad's while we were in town, but the trip was too short to pack in everyone that we wanted to see.  I think we'll have a little bit more flexibility in our schedule when we're back for Christmas.

And by a not seeing everyone, I really mean that I didn't get my sushi fix while we were in the Big City, so I'm hoping that my in-laws will want to watch the kids for an evening over our Christmas vacation so that Uriah and I can go on a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment