Saturday, November 5, 2011

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!


Our Halloween was changed from Monday night to Sunday night, due to the high school football team making it to some sort of play-off game.  The city decided that, in the interest of trick-or-treating safety, they should change the holiday.


I should also point out that since the only place we have to shop in this town is the Wals-mart, I had to resort to creating costumes for my kiddos, unless I wanted Finn to be a monkey and Abby to be a sparkly pink cowgirl.  (There is nothing wrong with monkeys and cowgirls, they just sort of lacked the imagination that we have for Halloween.)  So, while Abby was originally going to be a dead bride in my wedding dress, at the last minute I couldn't bring myself to let her out of the house in my dress (because I love it so) so I found an old black formal dress for her to wear instead.  Finn's dinosaur costume cost me one grey sweatshirt, 2 pairs of grey sweatpants, some orange felt and 3 broken needles on the sewing machine.


He loved taking the tops off of the pumpkins and looking inside of them, which is why I had to wait until his attention span ran out before I could light them.


Abby went off trick or treating with her little girlfriends, two of which decided that they needed to be dead, too, after seeing Abby's make-up.  She ate most of her candy on the way, much to my chagrin.  I was totally looking forward to a couple of "poisoned" Almond Joys and Butterfingers that needed to be confiscated from her stash.  Instead, she left us a couple of Tootsie Pops and a 3 Musketeers bar. 


Finn did not go trick or treating because he is too little, but he did get some candy!  A little princess, she was probably about 3 years old, came up to our door.  Finn decided that, since she was just his size, he would look in her trick or treat bucket.  She pulled out a box of Milk Duds (Yeah - finally some good candy!) and gave them to Finn.  It was so cute!


And this is how our night ended.  One tired dinosaur trying to put his candy in the mailbox and then laying down on the porch because he lost his will to run up and down the sidewalk yelling, "Grrr!"

A successful Halloweener, even if it was one night early.

No comments:

Post a Comment